The big extended demo update you've all be waiting for is finally here! You'll notice that the "demo" moniker in the version name has been dropped, but don't panic; it's still a demo.
Here's the changelog regarding this new update:
- Introduces new minigame with scripting support.
- Updates Python packages and dependencies.
- Updates save thumbnails to chapter depictions.
- Updates Discord Rich Presence to show chapter images.
- Expands number of chapters to seven instead of three.
- Includes new chapters (4-7).
- Adds Fira character.
- Redesigns help pages with new About tab and consolidated controls.
- Adds new configuration for builds under-the-hood.
- Introduces new "start game" screen with username input, language selection, and pronoun selection.
- Resolves inventory state issues during rollback.
- Streamlines user interface elements.
- Changes monospace font from Fira Code to JetBrains Mono.
- Bundles minigame API documentation.
- Auto creates minigame level files in save directory.
- Adds settings to toggle minigame advanced mode and animation speed.
- Bundles CHANGELOG file with releases.
- Re-implements credits scene with new code style (Kotlin-based).
I hope you enjoy this update as much as I did developing it. As always, if you find a potential bug, file it on YouTrack.